Sunday, January 25, 2015

UHQ Scans: Dakota in "XL Semanal Spain" Spain Magazine [2015] + New Picture + Translated Interview

Thanks to 1.

HQ Scans
 

Outtake 



Translated by Us. 
"I have seen in my family the damage that Hollywood can make."

Daughter of Melanie Griffith and Don Johnson, stepdaughter Antonio Banderas, Tippi Hedren granddaughter... Dakota Johnson was looking forward that she begins to know for itself. And with her role in "Fifty Shades of Grey" --- she is Anastasia Steele, the protagonist --- she has succeeded. Three weeks after the premiere, the actress speaks exclusively about sex, sadomasochism, feminism and the experience of growing up surrounded by Hollywood stars.

The date:

At the legendary Chateau Marmont, the LA shelter of stars since Hollywood is Hollywood. Dakota Johnson is, as it were, a newcomer to the film industry, but an ancient and full of history like this place seems the perfect setting to talk to her. After all she is the third generation of stars of his family. Daughter of Melanie Griffith and Don Johnson [and granddaughter of Tippi Hedren], at 25 years old is time that the dream she had since childhood and when she accompanied her parents in the shootings, come true. She has to thank to Anastasia Steele, the female protagonist of Fifty Shades of Grey [premiere in Spain, Feb. 13]. The character of erotic selling novel E.L James was the paper's listed among young actresses in Hollywood. Johnson was not even in the pools, but managed to grab it performing a monologue explicit of Person, the legendary Ingmar Bergman tape, during the audition.

Until this moment she had kept a relatively low profile for a daughter with stars like her parents. When she finished school, she signed with an agency representative; work as a model for brands like Mango; and began to get small roles in films like The social Notework, comedies The Five-Year Engagement and 21 Jump Street, or in the action movie Need for Speed. She even had his own television series, Ben and Kate, but only lasted one season on the grid.

Johnson, who dresses in black and just with a little makeup, is friendly, but shy and somewhat short on words. They warned me that it is forbidden to ask her for her private life. And that includes her famous family. It is noted that she do not want to talk more than necessary or screw it. And, although, she takes a lifetime in the window of Hollywood, had never faced to fame [and the media] in person. But it is no longer the 'daughter of ...' but a star itself.

XLSemanal: I think after getting the role, You had to keep the secret for weeks. That had to be a torture, right?
Dakota Johnson:
It was actually wonderful, because I did not have to talk about it with anyone ...

XL: How did react your surroundings when you finally confessed?
Dakota:
Everybody asked me if I was scare.

XL: And you were?
Dakota:
Yeah, of course. I was afraid to bare my soul and my body, not only had to feel emotionally vulnerable, but physically exposed. It was a difficult decision. But I found an interesting argument from the beginning. I was intrigued. Also, I think the things that scare you are precisely those that you have to do.

XL: Is it true that, as they say, the sex scenes end up being purely mechanical?
Dakota:
Yeah, it's almost like following a choreography. Everything is extremely technical. In addition, Sam [Taylor-Johnson, director of the film] achievement that had a safe and intimate atmosphere on set. I'm not saying wasn't weird or uncomfortable, because it was, but is not you living a sensual moment, much less. Mostly because there is a man holding a microphone two feet away.

XL: The novel by EL James has been surrounded by controversy since it was published. Do you think the sexual relationship illustrated is healthy?
Dakota:
I think it is a unique and different view of relationships. Before making the film, I was not familiar with the sadomasochistic subculture, but is gigantic and is present in almost everyone. And I think it's perfectly healthy. They are two people who desperately want to each other; he does not take advantage of her and she makes her own sexual decisions. I think Ana is a smart and elegant woman that has the right to do what she wants with her body.

XL: It has come to label the book as "anti-feminist". Do you understand this criticism?
Dakota:
It's funny because most of the people involved in the film are women. And frankly, I think we've done a great job amplifying the emotional tone of the love story. No matter what they said, is an interesting study of how confidence and control flows between two people.

XL: And you consider yourself as a feminist?
Dakota:
Yeah, I think women have to be considered socially well as men. And so I find it curious that they say that this film is anti-feminist. I can not think of a film that defends the idea that more women have to have the control of themselves. I can understand why people think that Christian dominates her, but she does not do anything against her will. Not that he tied her up, locked her and tortured her.

XL: It has also been criticized the "glamour" that has been given to intimate partner violence. I guess you're disagree ...
Dakota:
No, absolutely. In fact, this film makes teaching about what the sadomasochistic culture is. It's a different form of pleasure and some people love it. And that must be accepted and respected. Everyone is entitled to have the sex life they please while no one else gets hurt.

XL: This is the kind of paper that can elevate or break a career. Not gave vertigo that perspective?
Dakota:
Wow, thanks!

XL: Do not deny me that is a risky role for a young actress like you ...
Dakota:
Well, if people do not like the movie, nothing happens. Some people will like it and will not. I will make other films. This is not my whole life.

XL: You had nine years when you filmed your first film, Crazy in Alabama, under the orders of his stepfather Antonio Banderas. How do you remember that experience?
Dakota:
I was like: "Finally, they let me participate" [she laughs] I grew up between shooting and surrounded by creative people. So I always thought that at some point, I also will do the same of them.

XL: And at home they supported this vocation or tried to take the idea out of your head?
Dakota:
I grew up in an environment that not only it was accepted that I would like to express artistically but also it was encouraged by them. So I knew I would end up doing something about this world. In fact, I think a part of me thought that I would not be able to do something else.

XL: And you always had confidence?
Dakota:
Yeah. I think I was lucky, but also misfortune of seeing the damage that this industry can do to someone. My parents have been through a lot. And my family too. That helped me to have guts.

XL: And exactly that the reason why you wasn't afraid to be part of the same business?
Dakota:
Everything scary, right? But you have to live.
XL: I guess your parents have given you many tips to survive in this industry. Which one do you stay with?
Dakota:
Yeah, they do, but they let me make my own decisions.
XL: Do you mind talking about your family?
Dakota:
It does not bother me, but it bothers to them [points to advertisers who are sitting in a corner and intervening immediately to make me change the subject.]

XL: But why? What is the matter?
Dakota:
I simply, I do not think I need to talk about my family.
XL: Okay. Let's talk about other things. What speaks Spanish? Does it encourage you to shoot a movie in our language?
Dakota:
I think that would be capable, but that does not mean I'm going to do it. If I will try, surely my Spanish is horrible, but when I'm a little drunk, I speak fluent! Just I have to make myself an alcoholic. [laughing]

XL: Fame has always been part of your life, but now you are experiencing firsthand. Is it very different?
Dakota:
Yeah, it is. When I was little, I was always trampled when people tried to get to my mother or my father. It was terrifying, because I wanted to protect them and also wanted to feel protected. I used to think: 'What makes you think it's okay constantly watch my family?'. When I got older, I realized that people simply admires them. But now social networks have changed everything. Everyone is the press. I guess it comes with the job. I do not know, I'm just an artist ... 

XL: What you do to protect yourself?
Dakota:
First of all, I'm not on social networks. And then I make a life as normal as possible. I enjoy spending time with my friends and just go. I lead a very quiet life.
XL: Your are at a critical moment in the career of any actress. The decisions you make now can dial the rest of your career. How you are choosing?

Dakota:
I choose the projects that excite me, but especially those which scare me. If I read a script and I can not remove it from my head, definite sign is what I have to.
XL: Where would you like to be in ten years?
Dakota:
Making movies that people enjoy. And I dream with have a ranch with horses in Nashville.

No comments:

Post a Comment