Saturday, October 3, 2015

New Interview of Dakota with IO Donna [Italy]

Scans
   

Translation

Dakota about her role in Black Mass:
“I play a woman that knows exactly the difference between good and bad, what’s wrong and what’s right. She knows that sooner or later, her son will follow his father’s footsteps, no matter what she has taught him through the years. She knows that one day he’ll come back home beaten and that she has no power over her lover’s charisma - a man that says that it’s all right to hit his mates, as long as he doesn’t get caught. She doesn’t accept this concept but she’s also very conscious on the fact that is her son’s destiny.”
Dakota on what her family taught her when she was a child:
“A lot had been unspoken but I was a very attentive child, I used to look closely and “study” what was happening around me. I’ve learned a lot from my grandma and I still do, maybe even more than I used to. When I was a child, I didn’t understand why her career ended like it did but then she told me what happened…”
“I wouldn’t know what else to do, I can’t do anything else! I grew up shooting small movies with my friends, surrounded by famous people in this industry. This is the only thing I know, the only world. I’m always afraid, always. I’m afraid of failing, I just don’t let the fear stop me.”

“Being on set feels like home, to me. I grew up in a very hectic world, I kept moving and I’ve changed many schools. Being on set was the only thing I could always count on, what I could truly rely on. It was something I could be sure about, a guarantee. Working alongside an artist like Johnny Depp, I mean, there are no words to explain what that means to me…meeting a director like Luca Guadagnino, a gorgeous mind that sees in me exactly what I see in him. This is so rare for an actress and it’s the most beautiful thing that can happen.”

Dakota on her mother Melanie Griffith not seeing Fifty Shades of Grey:
“It feels nice knowing that someone is trying to protect you. Everyone should have people like this in their life. My mom has been through the good and bad of this world and maybe she just doesn’t want me to experience the bad side of it, but i’m recalcitrant. ‘let me have it! Let me have the bad part of it, let me get into trouble,’ that is what I always say. It’s much more fun than not doing it.”
“Our house was originally in Colorado and when we came back from a trip or a movie, we always headed up there. My siblings went to school there, we used to spend summers and even now, we all met up for christmas. All of us. I’m very attached to that place, it’s really special to me. I grew up in a ranch riding a horse, surrounded by animals and many dogs. I like that lifestyle and I think that one day, I’ll stop and settle down in a place like that to have kids and raise them there.”

“Maybe yes, maybe my passion for animals comes straight from my grandma but I don’t think i’ll ever have lions. I think she had plenty for the whole family.”

“I’ve learned many lessons from my father, he’s very capable. One thing he always tells me is, ‘never write letters and most of all, never throw them away.’”

Scans FannyNoSe
Thanks for the Translation to EDJ

No comments:

Post a Comment