Monday, October 8, 2018

New Interview of Dakota with Manila Bulletin Entertainment


LOS ANGELES – Looking more radiant than ever, Dakota Johnson, 28, talked to us recently about her newest project, “Bad Times At The El Royale.

The lovely daughter of Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith who became famous for her portrayal of Anastasia Steele in the “Fifty Shades” franchise, is appearing in the latest thriller from director Drew Goddard.

Set in 1969, the story follows seven strangers who find themselves at the El Royale novelty hotel at the border of California and Nevada. Dakota appears as Emily Summerspring, a Southern criminal.

Asked what were the best times she has ever had in a hotel, Dakota revealed, “I grew up in hotels. Obviously, you know, (because) my parents are actors. So, I was always on location and we were always in hotels.

“My brother and I would always explore and the second we got there, we’d find out where the rooms were and then we’d run around the hotel and find everything and go look at everything like it was our new home. Because that was what we were used to, we’d have a hotel room that was our classroom when we were home schooled. They meant a lot to me. And so, there’s trillions of amazing times I had in hotels.”


As for being in a motel, that is a whole different story. She pointed out, “When I was in high school, I stayed at a couple motels if I was on road trips with my friends and they were mostly just like stupid drunken shenanigans. And they’re not very clean.”

To make her feel homey during the time when she is filming, she admitted to preferring to stay “in an apartment or a house, because I would love to have a kitchen.”

She revealed, “I like to cook and I like to be able to make tea and coffee and feel like I can have that. It feels very grounding to have a kitchen. I always bring candles, blankets. If I’m there for a really long time, I’ll bring my dog if he’s allowed to come.”

Then when she comes home, she prefers to sleep a long time after being away. She said, “Oh gosh! Normally I sleep for so long. I just disappear into my bed. And, I ease back into things. It takes a second to get out of the grind of making a movie. Normally, that’s just sleeping. Then I do things that I love to do, like go to my favorite yoga classes, and my favorite restaurants. And like do normal stuff. See my family and my friends.”

Speaking of family, which one does she turn to the most for advice?

“I talk to my mom the most about how to deal with the emotional aspects of the industry. Not necessarily working, because I have my own well that I can draw from. But when things happen that are upsetting or very exciting or how do I go about this in a way that’s very grateful and graceful and she’s amazing with that. I think about the way that she handles her career and the way that she has handled it forever and it’s so remarkable. She’s a true artist and I connect with her mostly on things.”

No comments:

Post a Comment