Thursday, August 2, 2018

New Interview of Dakota in Gioia Magazine, August Issue [Italy]

Scans
  

Translated by Us

Guadagnino says he was inspired by Suspiria's own mind turned A Bigger Splash.

Dakota: Yes, he came to me and asked me if I had ever seen Suspiria and if I wanted to be Susie Bannion, the protagonist. Then he sent me a link and he convinced me.

It was not an easy movie to shoot ...

Dakota: It was a crazy experience, totally different from before, just as the locations where we shot were extreme. For a while we were isolated on a mountain: surreal and distressing. The external environment mirrored my character, Luca is a master in this: he can sink you completely into the feelings of those who perform.

How did you prepare for the dance scenes?

Dakota: I trained four months before filming, and then many women in the set helped me, like my stunt double. I'm not a professional dancer and some things I would never have been able to do. As vedretem is a dance "in the absence of gravity", very difficult, hard for the body, aggressive, not always beautiful. But it was very gratifying to work with such a close-knit team of women.


If you did an encore with Guadagnigno, it means that you found something good on him. What fascinated you about him?

Dakota: He makes me enter different worlds, where I always have things to learn, but I know I have complete trust in him.

You are also friends now.

Dakota: He is a fantastic person, a really creative artist, with lots of ideas and the right push towards the best result. Every day he talks to the actors and listens to them, shares opinions and feelings, and then has a huge passion for his work. It is a great source of inspiration for me.

Do you feel linked to Anastasia Steele, the protagonist of Fifty Shades?

Dakota: It fascinates me to see how the public is passionate about the events of Ana and Christian. Of course, interpreting Ana made me the actress I am now, so I'm very grateful for this part. I am convinced that we learn something from every life experience.

You look like a very sweet woman. It's true?

Dakota: I'm an emotional person and I do not think there's anything wrong with it. It is better to feel too much than to hear nothing, even if you risk suffering more. As an actress, it is essential to know how to compare different emotions, because you become better.

Never felt embarrased to shoot sex scenes?

Dakota: It's harder for me to expose emotions than the body. And I try to be faithful to the character.

How being an actress change her?

Dakota: I learned to protect myself, to be more confident of my decisions and my work. Now when I make a choice, I do not abandon it: I trust my instinct.

A feminist revolution is taking place, and not only in Hollywood. What do you think?

Dakota: I am very happy. It was time! I am convinced that women have the right to feel truly free and independent, without fear of consequences.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment