Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Dad Don talks about Dakota and "Fifty Shades of Grey"


Fifty Shades of Grey isn’t exactly parent friendly. Especially if that parent happens to be Don Johnson.

While appearing at the TCA press tour on Wednesday to promote his new ABC drama Blood and Oil, Don spoke to ETonline about how his daughter, Dakota Johnson, did not want him to see her portrayal of Anastasia Steele in the sex-fueled film based on E L James’ best-selling novel.

“She asked me not to see the movie, and frankly that’s not a movie that I would rush to see,” the 65-year-old actor said. “I respected her wishes. So I haven’t seen it.”

Understandable, of course, given how there are several highly intimate scenes in the film chronicling Anastasia’s intense romance with the S&M-loving businessman Christian Grey (Jamie Dornan).

As for Don’s new show, don’t expect Dakota to be guest-starring any time soon.

“She’s kind of busy, and I don’t know if we can afford her,” the Hollywood vet said before playfully gesturing to his publicists. “Want to pay Dakota’s fee? I think I’m still a trustee, we might be able to make a deal,” he joked.

No comments:

Post a Comment