Sunday, November 11, 2018

New Interview of Dakota with Hurriyet


Translated by Us

With the new version of Dario Argento's cult classic Suspiria, you're on the screen. Did you watch the original movie?

Dakota: No, I didn't. I watched it after our director, Luca Guadagnino, made an offer for this Suspiria. I saw the effects of all my favorite filmmakers in that film.

In the last period, you are faced with horror-tension movies...

Dakota: I don't know if it's a different period of my life. I wouldn't have thought of taking part in thrashing movies. Now I love this type.

You've been making films for several years. At what point will you say 'I am safe in my acting and in my career'?

Dakota: I don't feel safe in what I do, I don't know if I want to feel safe. Because I like to know this obscurity. I feel that I will never be able to do it while I am doing this job, perhaps I am more aware of this fact.


Suspiria - The story takes place in a prestigious dance academy in Berlin and you are playing a dancer. You have to learn to dance and speak German.

Which is harder?

Dakota: Talking in German...I wanted my pronunciation to be perfect, which required me to do a lot of work.

Would you dance ahead?

Dakota: I grew up doing ballet. However, I started preparing for this film 2 years ago.

Why?

Dakota: Because in expressionist dance, raw, unprocessed energy is expressed. In defiance of gravity in ballet, you have to show every movement as feathery and beautiful. In this dance, deep breathing is heard, as if it is coming out of your soul. Personally, I felt my body free when I was doing this dance. I also admired the professional dancers' body. However, the young girls now only compare themselves with Instagram models and do not respect their bodies.

You just said 'I started preparations 2 years before shooting'. What kind of preparation did you undergo?

Dakota: I started with the muscles first. I've been trying to make my body look like someone's body that danced all my life. 6 months before the shooting began my most intense period. I was shooting another film in Canada, trying to finish the second and third part of "Fifty Shades", while I was preparing for“ Suspiria ’.

In the meantime, three films could be so different. 2 months before the shoot, I went to Varese to meet all the dancers. There, we made 6-8 hours per day non-stop choreography. I paid attention to not eat out of it, mainly feed myself with protein and vegetables. I've had very little eating all week, eating a hamburger and a bottle of wine on Friday nights.

Do you have anything to say about your relationship with Chris Martin?

Dakota: No not! Thank you for asking (laughs).

Let me ask you about "Fifty Shades". When you look back, do you say 'I would do it again today'?

Dakota: Those films were a very instructive and fun experience for me. I learned a lot about the industry, myself and the cooperation on set. Would I do it again? If I were under the circumstances of that time, I would do it, because the films took my career to very different places. It taught me to be resilient. Now I'm more resistant, even if there are obstacles on my way.

What was the most horrible movie you ever watched?

Dakota: News! Yeah, the news...

That's the answer!

No comments:

Post a Comment