Friday, April 15, 2016

Tippi talks about Dakota with Express UK


[...]

THE forced hiatus gave Hedren time to enjoy the soaring career of her grand- daughter Dakota Johnson in Fifty Shades Of Grey. 

“I’m very proud of Melanie and Dakota because I’ve never pushed them into acting,” she says. 

“We never discuss acting or Hollywood. To this day I’ve never given either one a word of career advice. They made it entirely on their own.” 

Yet when Dakota accepted the annual Women in Hollywood Emerging Star Award in October she thanked Hedren “for making me the woman I am today”.

“That was sweet but I take no credit,” says Hedren. 

“The one thing we share is that we’re all strong women and you have to be in this business.” 

Dakota recently lamented Holly- wood ageism, complaining: “Why isn’t my grandmother in movies?” 

Hedren smiles: “Ageism is real in Hollywood and it’s sad that people think that after a certain age nobody wants to see us on screen any more. I’d love to act alongside Melanie and Dakota in a movie. I’m surprised nobody has ever asked us. What are they waiting for?”

Source | Via JDLife

No comments:

Post a Comment