Friday, November 20, 2015

New Interview of Dakota with "Total Film" Magazine [January 2016]

Scans
     

Transcription by Us

FROM GREY TO BLACK
Revealing different shades of Dakota Johnson

How did you approach Black Mass?
Dakota: This is the first actual real woman I've ever played, so there is an amount of information that is available to you to mould the character. And also if you're lucky enough to have physical footage, you can study mannerisms. Which is a bit different to creating something out of thin air.

Was there much you could find on Lyndsey?
Dakota: I gatheres as much as I could from the Internet and what Scott [Cooper] and I discussed. There were a few things I couldn't get because there wasn't anything that was written personally about [Whitey and Lindsey's] relationship. So it was hard to try and...It's always difficult when people are real. You want it to be accurate but at the same time you want it to fit into the story. It was our version, our telling of those characters.

How was it to work with Johnny Depp?
Dakota: He's just really a phenomenal actor and a truly gifted artist. And just the man.

The film is set in Boston. Were you familiar with the area?
Dakota: Well, I grew up in the mountains really. I was in Colorado. That's where I belong. I prefer the mountains! My childhood I spent outdoors riding horses. It's the most comfortable place for me. I grew up travelling. I grew up on sets. I gre up going to new places. And I like it all.

What is it that draws you to a character?
Dakota: It depends. Sometimes I just get excited and then I stick with it. I become obsessed with stories or events or people or personalities. Characters that are thought-provoking. I find it difficult to find a common theme in all of my characters. I haven't figured it out yet. My body of work isn't that substantial yet.

How did you decompress after Fifty Shades of Grey?
Dakota: I'm trying to think. It cames out in February. Where are we now? Wow - It feels life a lifetime ago. I feel like I've been five different people since then. What did I do afterwards? I was working. I kept going. The night that I hosted Saturday Night Live was the end of promoting the  movie...and then...I think I blacked it out. I went into an emotional void.

Your mother, Melanie Griffith, famously said she didn't want to se Fifty Shades. But do you talk to your parents about work?
Dakota: Sometimes. I keep separate but I want them to see Black Mass.

Thanks to DakotaJFans.

No comments:

Post a Comment