Thursday, May 28, 2020

New Interview of Dakota with Glamour


These days a simple movie night can turn into an overwhelming existential crisis. Do you finally get around to watching that new critically acclaimed series everyone's been talking about? Or turn on a beloved favorite for the hundredth time? With so many streaming services and on-demand options available, something meant to be fun has become just another stressor in our lives.

But an unlikely hero has emerged to help: Dakota Johnson.

The actor says she, too, was tired of "content overload." So she and Ro Donnelly, her cofounder in the production company TeaTime Pictures, started creating easily digestible top 10 lists on Instagram of all the things they're connecting with at the moment. "With the pandemic and having everyone at home, we launched the lists sooner than expected so that we could help people decide what to watch easier," Johnson says. "That's the goal of it: to make choosing content a little bit more easy."

Considering Johnson is so adept at recommending what to watch, I hit her up for our latest installment of Your Fave's Faves to ask what queue-worthy content she suggests. She also shared what she's been reading and buying lately, as well as some behind-the-scenes tidbits about her new movie The High Note, available on demand May 29, in which she plays a personal assistant to a famous singer (played by the brilliant Tracee Ellis Ross). Johnson and Ross have an easy chemistry that'll pair so well with a glass of wine and your comfiest blanket. See? I told you Dakota Johnson was great at picking your next movie night. See more of her selects, below.

The best thing about her character in The High Note

Her ambition and drive seem a little bit otherworldly. I identify with the drive to keep going, no matter how many times you're told no.


The beauty swap that’s changed her skin

I just recently switched everything over to being completely clean and nontoxic and organic, and it's actually been really amazing for my skin. I did not think that would happen, but it's pretty wonderful.

The movie you should check out

There's a new Les Misérables directed by Ladj Ly that I love so much. I think it's one of the most beautiful films I've ever seen.

How she self-cares lately

I've been finding that the sunshine makes everything a lot easier. And on the days when it's been shitty outside, I feel light-years more depressed. Oh my God, [I love] sweatpants—although I haven't really been getting dressed. I just have not. The only thing I put on is, if I'm honest, a bikini every morning and that's it.

The last thing she bought

A Charles Bukowski book of poetry.

Her favorite dish to cook

I like making a roast, like roast veggies and chicken or grilled salmon...stuff like that. I actually have a cookie recipe that's really amazing. They've gotten really popular in our house, and they're very healthy. They're made with oats, no sugar, and almond flour.

The music Dakota plays to get into character

I was listening to a lot of Aretha Franklin when we were filming The High Note, but I'm always listening to music when I'm working.

The TV series she’s loving right now

Normal People is brilliant. The Great, I also love. But if you haven't seen My Brilliant Friend on HBO, the second season is completely mind-blowing. It's beautiful.

The perfect feel-good music

I'm constantly listening to music, but there's this whole new Perfume Genius album that is really amazing. I probably wouldn't be able to pick a favorite song. The whole thing is great.

Her favorite workout right now

I have been walking a lot, and I have also been doing hot yoga. I turn the heat up really high in the garage and do hot yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment