Monday, October 8, 2018

New Interview of Dakota with GMA News Online


On how much fun she had creating her Southern criminal character:

It was so fun. I haven’t played a character with such swagger, so it was really, really fun to do that. It was really fun to be very angry and really fun to play a woman who is not sorry for being angry and has really struggled and experienced a lot of terrible things. She has been broken and damaged and won’t have it any more.

I respect her and I had a lot of fun [playing her], in the wardrobe because it was very empowering, it was very strong. I had eight pairs of these jeans that they made to my body and they were so tight that I had to lay down and have two people zip them up. It was hardcore. Then they’d stretch out, and so I’d wear one pair for two days working and then they’d put me back in a tighter pair.

On the music of the late ‘60s:


It’s a huge part of my life and I have a purely emotional relationship with music. I’m not musically inclined. I can play a little bit of piano but I don’t make my own music.

So, it’s a completely different experience for me, music as opposed to films. Because when I watch films I’m studying and dissecting and looking at everything and seeing how they did it but when I listen to music, I just disappear into it, and that’s the most, I think that’s what draws me to movies that are very audio-centric, sort of.

When the story unfolds around music and when the music is very informative of what happens and when the musical cues are huge parts of the story, I just love it so much. It means so much to me and this one, specifically, because it’s such an amazing genre. Like, the music that comes out of the 60’s and 70’s is my favorite. That’s when I really started to get into loving music.

On doing horror films:

I just ended up doing a bunch of darker, more intense kind of scary movies. I guess. I was drawn to women who aren’t really what they seem. Or who experience something very profound and come out the other side a different person. So, that’s the common thread that I found in these last few films I’ve done. I’m not sure what’s going to happen next. I would like to do something funny soon, but I’m not sure what’s up.

No comments:

Post a Comment