Thursday, February 19, 2015

NEW Interview of Dakota with ELLE at Hugo Boss Fashion Show


From ELLE:

As Anastasia Steele in Fifty Shades of Grey, what Dakota Johnson wears isn't all that important. As costume designer Mark Bridges told us, "The clothes are either on or off." Her character must be approachable and relatable, so her clothes aren't "too fabulous" (in Bridges' words) and her underwear isn't sexy at all. You could even call it granny-ish.

But on the red carpet and in real life, the actress enjoys dressing up or just swaddling herself in cashmere—it all depends on her mood.

Johnson made her first fashion week appearance Wednesday at Hugo Boss, looking effortlessly sexy in an unbuttoned-just-the-right-amount white dress shirt, slim black pants, and a luxe grey dress coat. "I liked how it looked a little bit undone," she said of the collection, "like the beginning of a suit, or a dress."

As for her personal style, Johnson likes to keep it simple. If she had her druthers, for a below-freezing day like today in NYC she'd be wearing "old Levis and a nice cozy sweater." When she wants to look sexy she says she likes to "get a good pant going, or a short skirt...I like a sort of androgynous look, but I also love feminine shapes."

It's not that Johnson can't make up her mind about fashion, she just seems unfazed by the scene around her and is refreshingly unfussy. When asked about being the focus of increasing hoards of paparazzi and Fifty Shades' insatiable, massive fan base, she shrugs.

For her spate of Fifty Shades premieres, she concedes "I love a gown," and then backtracks a little. "I dunno..." she trails off. "It really depends on my mood [what I wear]."

But what about when no one's watching, we press? We're talking couch, Netflix-binge style. "Well, [if I'm binge watching anything] I'm probably catching up on, like, Downton Abbey. And I'm probably wearing cashmere of sorts. That sounds nice. I sort of want to wrap myself up in it." We do, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment