Saturday, November 5, 2016

Tippi Hedren talks about Dakota in her book "Tippi: A memoir"


"In Tippi, this cinematic icon pulls back the veil on her storied life, detailing her rise from humble beginnings in Drepression-era small town Minnesota to becoming the matriarch of a powerful Hollywood dynasty that includes her movie-star daugther, Melanie Griffith, and her grand-daughter Dakota Johnson."


"My darling Dakota Johnson was the best thing to come out of Melanie's marriage to Don Johnson."


"Acknowledgments

My eternal love and gratitude to...

FAMILY

Carl Eachardt, M.D, Julia and Charles Eackhardt, Bernard Hedren, Dorothea Hedren, Patty Hedren Davis, Melanie Griffith, Alecander Bauer, Dakota Johnson, Stella Banderas..."


"Melanie and Steven Bauer had divorced in 1987, and thirteen years after their brief first marriage, she and Don Johnson reconciled. On October 4, 1989, in Austin, Texas, Melanie gave birth to their exquisite daughter, Dakota. She asked me if I could come, as if there's a force on this earth that could have stopped me. It meant the world to me to be there, and it speaks voulumes about the inclusiveness Melanie inspires that both Melanie and Steven's four-year-old son Alexander and Don and Patti D'Arbanville's seven-year-old son Jesse were in Austin as well to meet their new baby sister."


"As if my daughter of great fortune hasn't already given me enough by being the love of my life and then compounding that love with my three precious grandchildren, Alecander, Dakota and Stella, who call me Mormor (the Swedish word for grandmother). After all she and I have been through, separately and together, the fact that we're closer today than we've ever been is a daily reminder that mistakes, second-guesses, question marks, and all, I am so blessed."


"After a lot of sou-searching and reading that book I mentioned earlier called The Other Side and Back, I don't wish that anymore. Without the journey Melanie and Don took together, there would be no Dakota Johnson, and I can't imagine my life without her. All three of Melanie's children ae so precious to me. I love them so much and cherish my closeness to them. I'm even close to Don's son Jesse, by actress Patti D'Arbanville, thanks in large part to Melanie's inability to stop loving anyone she's ever loved, and her magnanimous, unselfish definition of the world "family."


"I love when my soon-to-be-famous granddaughter, Dakota Johnson, visits Shambala."


"I am so happy to receive this honor surrounded by so much love. Now I have let people walk all over me!"

Source: 1 2 3 4 5 6

No comments:

Post a Comment